Aditum is North America’s fastest-growing Splunk Professional Services and Co-Managed Splunk Services firm.
Join America’s fastest-growing Splunk Professional Services Partner! Seeking a strong technical Splunk pre-sales engineer to properly advise customers. We are obsessed with customer success and seeking someone that is too! We are focused on Splunk, including software resale, Professional Services and Co-Managed Splunk Services.
Role: Customer Technical Advisor (Technical Pre-Sales Engineer)
Location: Tampa, FL (or possible remote / home-based)
This Splunk Pre-sales engineer role is ideal for a Splunk Professional Services consultant who is tired of heavy travel. This role provides you the ability to continue to apply your Splunk expertise in a consultative and advisory capacity to customers, with much less of a travel requirement, as you pivot into this Splunk Pre-Sales engineer role.
The ideal candidate is certainly not limited to this background, however. We will consider people that work in Splunk presales role currently, or those that work as a Splunk Admin or Architect role. Out of respect for our close relationship with Splunk, we will not consider candidates that are currently employed at Splunk.
Aditum is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our growing team as a Splunk Pre-Sales Engineer. You will work together with sales reps from both Aditum and Splunk on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk, across several use cases to include IT security and IT Ops. This role will, however, have a heavy emphasis in security so domain expertise is required in this area. Our clients span all vertical markets and sizes, from mid-market to large enterprise. You’ll be the subject matter expert for our team serving our customers and prospects nationally.
In this role, you will have the responsibility for actively driving and leading the technology evaluation for external customers. You’ll work closely with the Aditum sales team, Splunk sales reps and customers and prospective customers as their key technical advisor, properly advocating Splunk’s products and services. You will identify all technical issues with customers to drive customer success throughout the sales process while also interacting heavily with our Professional Services team which is responsible for delivery.
• Ability to effectively demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
• Extremely detail oriented, with the ability to document proper SOWs.
• Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
• Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
• Strong presentation skills and top-notch verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly analytic, with the ability to lead the effective discovery of customer needs and desired outcomes.
• Comfortable working in a fast-growing, environment where we are continue to develop and mature our processes as we grow.
• Possess intellectual and technical curiosity about what is possible with Splunk and how customers can leverage this powerful platform to drive business value.
• 5+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
• Subject Matter Expertise with the Splunk platform
• Domain expertise with IT security or compliance (for example, forensics, security operations, incident response, security research, threat detection, security assessments, penetration testing, or security product development) with additional knowledge of security tools, industry trends, methodologies, and best practices.
• Comfortable approaching total strangers and quickly extracting technical know-how from them.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Additional technology expertise including:
o Knowledge of virtualization (VMware/Citrix/Hyper-V)
o Network Administration/Architecture/Management Knowledge
o Unix/Windows – Administration Experience
o Knowledge of “Big data” technologies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Approximately 10% to 15%, including a combination of customer visits and ongoing training opportunities.
• Recognized as one of North America’s top professional service partners
• Company-paid Splunk training and certification, both initial and ongoing
• Exposure to a broad set of customer, technical challenges, use cases and different technologies that integrate with Splunk
• Excellent technical leadership as well as the ability to collaborate with a team members that, like you, are passionate about Splunk
• Competitive salary
• 100% employer-paid health insurance
• 401(k) with company match
Aditum is North America’s fastest-growing Splunk services firm (www.splunk.com). Our Splunk SMEs deliver Professional Services and Managed Services with a demonstrable record of customer success. Our fully certified consultants, which focus exclusively on Splunk, combined with our prescriptive Customer Success Methodology for Splunk, empower customers to maximize the value of their Splunk platform. We manage successful deployments of core Splunk and premium apps, upgrades, scaling, search, report, and dashboard creation, new data onboarding, and Splunk Health Checks. We also have a team of accomplished Splunk Developers that focus on building Splunk apps and TA’s. Learn more at www.AditumPartners.com.
To apply for this job email your details to jbarge@AditumPartners.com