- Analyze organizational data analytics needs and based upon these requirements, deploy, customize and engineer Splunk to various infrastructures including physical or virtual Windows or Linux servers, proprietary Cloud environments or Splunk Cloud.
- Install and configure Splunk’s core Splunk Enterprise software and premium applications such as Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) or Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI).
- Develop Splunk apps and add-ons using Simple XML dashboard visualizations, field extractions, Splunk props and transform commands or Splunk Processing Language (SPL) or, only when necessary, Python.
- Configure Splunk props and transforms to parse, filter or mask data as that data is integrated between non-Splunk source systems and the Splunk data stores (indexers).
- Develop complex queries, alerts, reports and dashboards using Splunk’s proprietary SPL language. Perform Splunk technical assessments (environmental health checks) and advise on best practices for optimized application and platform performance.
- Troubleshoot non-performant Splunk platforms including Apps or Technology Add-Ons.
- From time to time, perform Splunk upgrades or migrations.
- (5) years of experience with information technology including (3) years of Splunk experience involving Splunk app and add-on development and deploying splunk architecture, with a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or any Engineering discipline.
- Alternatively will accept a master’s degree in computer science, information technology, electronics engineering or related field of study along with (3) years of experience with information technology including (3) years of Splunk experience involving Splunk app and add-on development and deploying splunk architecture.
Additional Qualifications (Preferred):
- Experience with Splunk premium apps such as ES, ITSI, UBA, Phantom, etc. – preferred
- Experience with Python – preferred
- Experience with various security tools, including Wireshark, Nessus, Nmap, Burp, Proxy, or Snort
- Experience with SPL, SQL, and other related search languages – preferred
- Knowledge of networking protocols – preferred
- Ability to be a Splunk language (SPL) expert – preferred
- Industry recognized security certifications (security, networking, etc.) – preferred
- Working knowledge of Splunk Cloud solution offering – preferred
- Working knowledge of AWS – preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- Preference will be given to those with degrees in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, or other technology-focused disciplines.
- Recognized as one of North America’s top professional service partners
- Company-paid Splunk training and certification, through Splunk Certified Consultant II and certification on Splunk premium apps such as Splunk Enterprise Security
- Exposure to a broad set of projects, technical challenges, use cases and different technologies that integrate with Splunk
- Excellent technical leadership as well as the ability to collaborate with a team members that, like you, are passionate about Splunk
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- 401(k) with company match
Aditum (Latin: “to access”) is a software reseller and professional services firm specializing in next-generation Analytics solutions based upon the Splunk platform (www.splunk.com). The company is quickly building one of North America’s largest and most accomplished Splunk consulting team with extensive experience across all of Splunk’s major use cases including IT Operations, Security, DevOps, Business Analytics and IoT. Learn more at www.AditumPartners.com.
To apply for this job email your details to jbarge@AditumPartners.com