As a Splunk Architect / Splunk Consultant, you will lead customer services engagements across a wide variety of use cases for a leading Splunk Professional Services partner in North America. Our team of Splunk Architects is split by domains: Security and IT Operations. Knowledge of advanced solutions such as Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) or Splunk ITSI are strongly desired. We have Splunk Consultant openings in both our Professional Services, Managed Services and Sales Engineering teams (these are full-time, salaried staff positions).
As a Splunk Consultant, you will be involved in the deployment or enhancement of Splunk’s analytics solutions that use big data to solve complex Information Security and IT Operations challenges. Work includes:
- Initial deployment of Splunk software, including both Splunk Enterprise as well as premium apps such as Splunk Enterprise Security (ES). This includes eliciting customer needs to solve complex issues around Information Security (InfoSec) and IT Operations that aid in more immediate detection and resolution of threats. Responsible for analyzing customer needs and existing solutions that are in place, and making best practices recommendations around Information Security engineering.
- Perform technical architecture of the Splunk software environment and deployment and technical configuration of various Splunk components such as Search Heads, Indexers, and Splunk add-ons (including security add-ons), and deploying Forwarders that are responsible for ingesting data into Splunk.
- Development of front-end searches, dashboards and reports that are used for Security Analysts and IT engineers for advanced threat detection. Front-end development includes writing queries with Splunk’s SPL (Search Processing Language).
- Perform root-cause analysis of any issues that arise post-implementation and work on solutions related to issue fixing.
- Create low-level design artifacts independently and high-level design artifacts with guidance and supports prototyping through creation of POCs.
- Splunk environment upgrades and scaling, including building out Search Head clustering or Index clustering. Scaling will also include expansion of use cases and bringing new data sources into Splunk.
- Performing Splunk health checks, including review of existing deployment architecture and Splunk search performance. Making necessary recommendations and corrections for optimization of system and platform performance.
- Perform knowledge transfer to Information Security Analysts and IT Engineers regarding Splunk use and performance.
- Prefer a minimum of 5+ years of experience in the technology or cybersecurity experience
- Minimum of one year of Splunk administration or architecture (certainly, the more the better!)
- Splunk experience needs to be on the administrative side and not simply using Splunk as an end user
- Experience with any of Splunk’s premium apps is strongly preferred: Splunk Enterprise Security, Splunk ITSI, Splunk UBA or Phantom.
- Ability to be customer facing
Aditum (Latin: “to access”) is a software reseller and services firm (Professional Services and Managed Services) specializing in next-generation Analytics solutions based upon the Splunk platform. The company is quickly building one of North America’s largest and most accomplished Splunk consulting team with extensive experience across all of Splunk’s major use cases including IT Operations, Security, DevOps, Business Analytics and IoT. Learn more at www.AditumPartners.com.
- The chance to be part of a winning team and a premier Splunk partner
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly Bonus plan
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (Gold rated plan)
- 401(k) with company match
- 28 days annual paid time off (4 weeks Paid Time Off + Holidays)
- Long-term incentive bonus plan also known as a company stock plan
- Significant Training and Development and Certification attainment
- Opportunity for long term career advancement
- Your contributions are felt and recognized at our growing company
- Be Obsessed with Customer Success
- Take Extreme Ownership
- Hire to Uncompromising Standards
- Relentlessly Develop Team Members
- Seek Constant Improvement
- Perform as a Unified Team
- Operate With Integrity, Without Compromise
- Encourage Guilt-Free Work-Life Balance
- Care and Give Back
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org